Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day Five of Diet

Some interesting observations as i get closer to the end of my first week. I remember reading in the great book by Michael Pollan - In Defense of Food, that we should eat less, pay more for it and be healthier. Well I can already attest to the truth of all three of those items. First of all, from a standpoint of weight, you do each much less. Secondly, you do spend more. I spent $45 at the store and I've consumed 80 percent of those items in 4 days. Today I'll need to go shopping again to get fresh produce of all kinds. You end up being healthier just by the fact that you are not polluting your body with carb loaded foods and animal fats. While I have a long way to go, I'm feeling better each day and that's a good thing in my book. Now if my wallet can stand it.........

Peace,

No comments:

Post a Comment